Friday, April 27, 2012

1st Trimester

5 weeks: 

There was one site that said I was 6, but I think it's wrong.  I think I'm 5.  I'll find out on the 30th, exactly where I am.   So, at this point, I'm still dizzy but not as bad.  I get especially dizzy and nauseous in the shower.  I dry heaved the one day.  So, I tried opening the back end of the shower curtain and keep the bathroom door open for better ventilation, and it seemed to have helped a little bit.  I am cramping off n on.  Nothing major but sometimes it's pretty sharp.  I figure as long as there isn't any bleeding accompanying it, then I'm fine.  I am not tired, other than shower time, not nauseous...not anything.  I guess that's good!  I am super bloated.  I look huge.  I'm wearing maternity clothes and had to go through my closet and clear out all the stuff that obviously does not fit me.  Joy!

5 weeks 3 days:

We went for our first u/s today and all looked good.  We officially have 1 baby brewing!!  I'm due 12.28.12.  Our next u/s is 5.8.12.  It's MH's birthday and we'll get to hear the heartbeat.  My beta #2 today was 12,299.  

No m/s or anything.  Boobs are a lil sore, still.  I am, however, having major pains.  Yes, major.  the only way I can describe it, it's the same feeling as when they clean out your cervix.  Ouch!  It wakes me up in the middle of the night, that's how painful it is.  Other than that, no more dizziness or anything.  Knock on wood!  I'm not even 6 weeks, yet, and I believe that's when all that starts to hit.  So, we shall see!

5 weeks 6 days:

I've had some unexpected spotting the last 2 days.  At first when I got it, it was red but then soon turned brown and I was scared and called the on call doc and she said to hang in there, it's fine.  The following day when I had it, cramping and back pains were associated with it and I called on call doc, again.  She called back saying that she will let the nurses know and they will call me today in the morning for an earlier ultrasound.  So, they took me at 1 today and WE SAW A HEARTBEAT!  The little bugger was at 99 BPM.  I'll go May 8th, now, for some blood work so they can tell me to start weaning off of my meds, but aside from that, I have officially graduated!  My first OB appt is 6.1.12 at 11:30 am.  WOOHOO!

7 weeks 2 days:

Happy 1st Mother's Day to me!  What a great day it has been.  I held it, as usual.  We just had a cookout, even though it was raining and we were all stuck inside.  My mom, dad, brother, his wife and my grandparents were here, as well as DH mom, dad, sister, and her 2 kids.  My grandmother got me flowers and mom got me a tons of maternity clothes and some fun stuff for the baby and a new yummy smelling candle :) I was a little bit sad that I didn't even get a card from DH mom or sister.  Not very surprised about it, though.  Oh well.  Good to know there are some people out there that care.  DH got me a body pillow and Mother's Day lottery tickets that I lost on every single one.  Overall it was a very successful and enjoyable day.  Only damper on the day is when I puked up the eggs MH made me for breakfast while in the shower.

10 weeks:

Two days ago I had my 1st OB appointment.  My OB definitely thinks I am crazy with all of the questions I had.  We heard the baby's heartbeat at 165 BPM.  It was so exciting to hear!  The look on MH face was priceless.  There may be fluid on my right kidney so I need to go for and u/s.  I was supposed to go today but I seem to be having some stomach issues so I rescheduled for Monday.  I don't even know if there us anything they can do or give me to get rid of the fluid, if that is what the problem is, but I guess I'm still gonna go to see if that's what's going on.  I've been having pain above my right hip for 8 days, now.  It mainly hurts when I stand up from a sitting position or when I sit down.  So, I guess I'll get that checked out.  

I have been feeling dizzy and nauseous.  That's been pretty consistent throughout this whole pregnancy, so far.  OB gave me zofran that dissolves on the tongue so that it kicks in faster.  I took it once yesterday and it helped.  So, I am hoping this is my lifesaver.  I gained 6 pounds, so far but I look like I'm about 6 months!  I don't get it.  Everyone is saying that's because I was really small to begin with, so we'll stick with that.  ;-) 

Yesterday I went shopping with mom.  She is way too generous.  She bought the baby a penguin pillow pet thing.  It's a penguin that zips up into an igloo.  So cute!  She also bought the baby some cutie clothes that are neutral gender.  The baby's closet already has a nice variety of clothes in it.  I can't wait to wash it all and fold up those teeny little clothes.  

My SIL gave me all of her bathtubs, doppler, swing, pack n play, etc.  A ton of stuff!  Also, mom bought me some stuff, too, like that.  It's all in my game room right now.  ALl I have to say, is this is going to be one spoiled child!  

Not too much longer til I start my 2nd tri blog :)  Happy weekend, everybody!


11 Weeks:

Yesterday I went to get my 1st ultrasound to REALLY see the baby.  How amazing!  My mom and DH were there.  Dh saw the baby for the 1st time and mom heard the heartbeat for the 1st time.  The baby waved and was practically doing backflips in there.  It's heartbeat was 155 and measuring at the perfect size.  

I do have fluid on my right kidney.  I also have 2 cysts on my right ovary and 3 cysts on my left ovary. Some of them are pretty big, too.  I don't really know how they plan on getting rid of it or what will make it go away, or if it ever will.  I'm worried that the bigger my uterus gets and the bigger I get, the more the cysts and fluid on the kidney will hurt.....cause it does hurt.  That's why I went in for the ultrasound to begin with.  Not to see the baby, but to check my ovaries and kidneys.  Soooo....hopefully my OB will call me and let me know what's up.  If not, I'll be giving him a call probably on Tuesday or something.  

I can't believe only 1 more week of 1st tri!  Eeeek!  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day! Well, minus the puking part. LOL Congrats! The next will be be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I puke every single morning. I almost puked in the grocery store today. BLAH!

    ReplyDelete